Refurbished Fitness Equipment Vs. New Fitness Equipment

Before you read this whole article, I will not be answering the question which is better. I will however, help you decide which is better for you. There are two types of fitness equipment customers :

First --- The person to which this site is dedicated to, a new to fitness customer, just starting a program and has never worked out before.

Second --- The Person that has worked out before at a gym, and now is looking for fitness equipment for their home.

If money was not an object " New" would be the way to go, no matter who you are . If you have been working out at a gym for a while there is not a chance that you would be happy with any type of home cardio or strength equipment. You are looking at $5000 to $6000 for a Treadmill or Elliptical like the one you have been using in your gym and $7000 to $9000 for strength equipment. This is where refurbished equipment is the answer. For about 40% less you can get the exact same equipment that you have been using in your gym.

What are you giving up when you go with "Refurbished"?

1. You are not going to get a 2 year Parts, 1 year labor warranty, like you get with a new one. At Fitness 909 we give a 30 day parts and labor warranty. No, we are not afraid that because it was used that it is going to break down and cost us a fortune. Most refurbished equipment is sold to gyms, hotels, properties or somewhere were there is a maintenance person on staff. Parts are very inexpensive and these customers know that they can fix most problems for less than $100 so they have asked us to lower the warranty so they can save money on the purchase. If you bought this for your home and you had a few problems with your unit and you have had to put another $400 into it, you are still better off financially then purchasing a new one.

2. The truth is, over the past few years I have probably made at least three attempts to set up a strength gym at my home. I have ended up selling it each time and went back to the gym. I never had enough space or money to set up a complete gym to do a total workout, so I was still going to the gym.

New equipment is a great choice, especially if you are just starting out. You haven't been spoiled with full commercial equipment that you get at a gym, and you are only going to be doing your basic strength exercises so a multi gym will work great for you. Still, I stress you get what you pay for. So if the words "I just want to try one out to see if I like it " comes to mind, save your money you are going to fail. Do not shop at your big box stores. You need to go to a fitness specialty store or a
e-commerce site that only sells fitness equipment. You should spend at least $1,500 for a cardio piece and a least $2000 for a home gym. Yes, you need to purchase a complete home gym not a bench and weight set. You can only do your chest and maybe shoulders with a weight set you need to work your entire body.

To wrap it up, remember this, one piece of equipment can not do it all. I only have a bike at my house, but I regularly go to the gym for my workout. I use my bike on the days I miss. If you really want new equipment but want the feel of commercial equipment Light Commercial can give you the best of both worlds.

Tony





No comments: